Suncare’s core business is to understand community needs and develop innovative responses for people who are ageing, living with a disability or mental illness Technology is integral in enabling us to respond more effectively to client needs and further cementing our position as a provider of choice in Queensland.
Our programs and services are inspired by our vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to be strong leaders and innovators in community support and person-centred care.
Our mission is to help individuals and families feel empowered in the choices they make and the way they live their lives.
Suncare aims to embody the following core values in all our operations:
- Flexibility and innovation: being responsive, respectful and thoughtful when we deal with people and develop creative solutions to help them.
- Quality of life: considering all aspects of an individual’s wellbeing and respecting their choices.
- Team work: actively listening, engaging and valuing all opinions so we can work together to provide the best solutions.
- Inclusiveness: respecting diverse cultures, religions and beliefs.
Suncare provides front line services in the following three areas, from Brisbane to Rockhampton and inland to the Central West:
- Community care
- Respite care
- Allied health and nursing
Cultural Inclusion and Diversity Policy
Suncare strives to ensure equitable access to the diversity of people who require services, and to help them achieve maximum independence and quality of life.
Our Cultural Inclusion and Diversity policy makes it clear that people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and people who identify with a particular disability, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, language, and/or age are welcome at Suncare.
This policy underpins all Suncare policies, services and activities, processes and internal culture.
- Suncare recognises and respects the cultural preferences and needs of all its clients, staff, visitors and volunteers and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
- Suncare will ensure all clients, staff, visitors and volunteers feel safe and free from physical, sexual, emotional and/or verbal abuse.
- Suncare will offer equity of access to people of all cultures requiring assessment, Allied Health and Nursing, Respite Care and Community Care service.
- Suncare acknowledges the disadvantage faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and is committed to the implementation of its Reconciliation Action Plan.
National health and disability business solutions
Suncare is at the forefront of innovative practices that create an efficient best practice care business environment within Queensland by tailoring solutions for our government and community partners.
Our commitment to continual improvement drives us to achieve and maintain accreditations that meet industry management systems and surpass service delivery standards. Suncare is accredited by the Institute for Healthy Communities Australia (IHCA) for the following quality standards:
- The Human Services Quality Framework
- AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management Systems) Standards
Additionally, Suncare routinely participates in the Department of Social Services Quality Review Program which assesses our services in accordance with the requirements of the Home Care Standards.